Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have A Listen

GerDay All,

First of all, I promise that I will return to everyone's pages and new posts and make comments. This week (actually the last couple) have been pretty busy, but also have had some ......... well ..... I just have had a couple of things on my mind, is all. I am sure that we all go through times when for one reason or another, we either become self absorbed or have ..... considerations that prevent us visiting our "normal" behaviour upon others.

Actually, I have just read Terry's latest post and I think the following video kind of ties in pretty well with it - although not in the way she would expect. The message behind this song is how I try to live my life with regard to those whom I regard highly.

The video is not mine , nor have I anything to do with it, but it starts off kind of ...... humourous, I guess, but the song is absolutely beautiful and the rendition is superior even to the original artist (whom I won't name for fear of giving it away).

As I said, I try to make sure that everyone I care for know just that and, hopefully, just how much I care.

Kindest Regards

Indy


2 comments:

  1. James and I actually saw this when it aired originally. We're both pretty sure he was playing up the accent and stuff (not the chicken catcher part, the numbers are accurate, just the deliberately dumb act). As fellow southerners we both found it insulting, just my opinion though.

    He is very talented and it was a way to gain more attention so it definitely worked, I'm just not happy with him perpetuating the stereotype.

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwww! Gabby! I really wasn't so fussed either way on the accent bit! I couldn't understand too much of what he said anyway! Hahahahaha! He's a bit like me trying to figure out what this bloke says
    -----> www.youtube.com/truckertwotimes who has a similar accent - except I am reasonably sure TTT doesn't put his on! He just IS like that!

    I did think, however, that this young bloke sang that song with such feeling. I am thinking that there is sooooo much talent trying out for those shows that many probably need to have an "angle" to get a foot in ..... right or wrong, that is the nature of music and show business and all that stuff, methinks!

    I have seen so many people with unbelievable talent who just don't get a guernsey at all, whereas those who are ordinary do well!

    Dayum! I should have tried to be a musician in that case coz I have limited talent! ROTFL

    (Actually - don't tell anyone, Gabby, but I have a great voice. It's a pity the passage it comes out is a bit rough!!!!)

    ReplyDelete