GerDay All,
At present I am sitting in Melvegas/Mexico City (otherwise known as Melbourne, Victoria), getting some hours back so that I may get "on the road again". At this stage the plan is to get a "B" service tomorrow (drop oil, grease, repair as required).
While I am on it ..... since everyone is into naming their trucks and gadgets ..... can any of you come up with a suitable name for my truck, please? It is a Kenworth T404/408 SAR (which stands for Shortened Australian Right hand drive). It is definitely a she ... or has the characteristics of a she. It has a big pussy under the bonnet (C15 Cat) and she pulls a quad dog.
Anyway, the plan is that after I get serviced (or at least the truck does), I will load up, go home then head to the far North. This will mean leaving on Saturday night as this trip is very similar for me as Terry doing the Big Apple in terms of distance. That is about where the similarity ends, too!
Anyway, I am hoping for a few opportunities to get some footage next week as a result. If I am really lucky I will get to come down the entire length of the Aussie New England after I unload and reload in Brizvegas.
Wish me luck with this, because if it all pans out well, I may be able to share some incredibly beautiful things with you all.
Keep it safe.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sure this name has absolutely been worn thin in Oz, but I think she looks like a Matilda!! Of course I never name my vehicles for beauty or grace, just characteristics...Matilda sounds like a stout/gritty kind of girl!!
ReplyDeleteBoy, you are on a roll lately, and just when we thought you were about to leave the blogosphere!!
Matilda!!!!!!!!! What a great idea since she waltzes me all over the bloody country (ride wise)!!!!
ReplyDeleteStrangely enough, Terry, Matilda to my knowledge is a RARELY used name in Oz!
Thanks for the comments as I hinestly appreciate the feedback!