Certain animals are endemic to various parts of the globe. Australia is largely inhabited by a number of mammals and marsupials ... with quite a few marsupial mammals to boot!
Australia is not the natural habitat for critters that are "cloven hoofed" (errrr except for a few "humans" who are of uncertain origin, heritage or disposition) critters or buffalo, or even domestic animals like sheep and cattle (although you can be reasonably expected to see a couple of these in your travels - a couple of hundred thousand). Deer are not native to Australia at all and very very few people raise them because the buggers jump out of fencing and are pretty hard on the country. On top of which, deer are only raised in a very restricted area of the country.
Even Santa doesn't get Rudolph and his mates to bring him Downunder, preferring to get 6 white boomers to race him through the blazing sun (it is mid summer at Christmas time). Oh! By the way, a boomer is a bloody big kangaroo!!!
Now, about now you should play this quick video clip ........
I mean me seeing a deer in this part of this country is a bit like Terry seeing a boomer bounding along up Times Square on her birthday - at least, so I thought!
I can tell you that I wasn't sure whether or not I was in the horrors or what! It wasn't that late at night and I hadn't been working hard .........
Oh, well! I guess if Terry can have a crane inside her trailer, Gabby can run around America, then I am allowed to see deer ..... and I have the footage to prove it! Did you notice the smooth avoidance proceedures??? Gotta pat myself on the back! No other bastard will! :-)
There will be a few more clips and blogs from this trip to follow - assuming I remember the yarns, have the enthusiasm to write them and can find the time to do the footage.
Keep it safe!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I did see some very interesting creatures when traveling through Times Square, but yeah!! no boomers! I would have thought you needed a nap, but bloody hell! you got the critter on video!! and I noticed you did not panic or accelerate, some folks here think hitting a deer is an event to be celebrated!! Goodonya!!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine what sorta critters you saw! I'm guessing some were flying in their own world as well! ROTFL
ReplyDeleteI would rather NOT clobber an animal if I can help it! For a start, bullbar or no bullbar, the buggers can do damage. For a second, critters have a right to live. If it is a choice between risking humans and animals, then the animals lose, but otherwise .........
Thanks again for your comment, Terry. It give me a bit of encouragement to continue.